What are the health benefits of bathing in a hot tub
There are 3 main factors of hydrotherapy: buoyancy, heat & massage.
- Hot tubs reduce the body’s weight by approximately 85-90% when buoyant, this relieves pressure on the muscles and joints.
- Hot tubs raise the body’s temperature in hot water causing the blood vessels to dilate resulting in an increase in circulation.
- Massage is given from a combination of water and air pumped out of the hot tub jets, this helps to relax tight muscles and stimulate the release of endorphins, the body’s natural painkillers.
Relax and De-stress
- Many of us are so busy with our day to day business we simply forget to look after our body and mind.
- Stress leads to high blood pressure and a whole host of other problems like anxiety.
- Taking just 30 mins out to soak in your hot tub will allow time to relax and de-stress.
5 – 15 minutes of Hydrotherapy
- 5 minutes in a hot tub – the blood pressure & pulse rate may begin to drop.
- 8 minutes in a hot tub – your feet & hands begin to feel warmer as blood circulation improves.
- 12 minutes in a hot tub – the muscles relax, tissue becomes more pliable and responsive to stretching, encouraging the release of lactic acid and other toxins from the body.
- 15 minutes in a hot tub – the body’s aches & pains can a decrease.